Greening in Potato Tubers
Potato Greening or Greening in Potato (allu mein harapan or आलू में हरापन) is a general problem in potato when tubers in potato field get exposed to direct sunlight.
It is seen in ‘uncovered potato tubers with soil’ in the field.
|4.||Effect: Solanine poisoning|
Exposure of tubers to direct sunlight.
Production of solanine poison.
3. About Solanine
*It is a glycoalkaloid.
*Found in solanaceae family.
*Other plants with similar problems are tomato and brinjal.
4. Effect: Solanine poisoning
Eating affected tubers can cause gastrointestinal disorders.
Eating affected potatoes in sufficient amount can cause death.
- Cover the exposed tubers with soil.
- Keep green tubers in a room or under any shade.
- Definition, features, objectives, principles and philosophy of extension education
- Guava Cultivation Practice One Liner
- Mango Cultivation Practice
- Important MCQ On Paddy (rice) Cultivation
- Rice Cultivation Important Points